Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Red Eyes

Thursday

9.30 am


My eyes are red, itchy and glassy. I wish I could scratch them, but the possibility of losing my sight prevents me from doing so. God, what happened? It was supposed to be a good day, but it starts with a twitch of/in my eyes. Old people say it means someone misses you. But you know me. I'm very skeptical about superstitions. I try to ignore it but the burning sensation forces me to give up. Finally, I scratch them.


12.15 pm


The pain has shifted to my throat now. The phlegm resides there and refuses to leave its comfort zone. It doesn’t matter how many times I've tried, the mucus lingers in my throat. Sometimes I can feel it reach my mouth, if I cough hard enough, but then it goes straight back to the larynx. I feel uncomfortable as the people around me start to get annoyed with my continuous and disturbing bark.


15.45 pm


It's been more than six hours since the symptoms started. I don’t show any signs of getting better. Now it’s/I’m even worse, I can’t breathe. The bronchioles in my lungs seem to be shutting down the path of the air through my lungs. My chest is constricted. I'm
wheezing like I'm having an asthma attack. My brain keeps wondering why all of this is happening today. A sudden flashback reminds me realise it all started this morning, when I got your message saying you wanted to break up.  

-Mikael Setiawan-
081015
Coffindo

CS Bandung Writers' Club 2nd Meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment